1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

which deck for exmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bart may, Aug 5, 2002.

1. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

I need some advice on exmarks decks from all you exmark fanatics:) Any advantages to the fixed decks over there floating ones or vise versa? I need something that won't scalp on rolling terrain. I'm using Toro's now and am possible thinking of purchasing a exmark 48 hydro walk. Also anyone using there new controls and how do you like them ? Thanks for any advice

2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Get the floating deck. I wouldn't even consider running a fixed deck. As far as deck size, it depends on your properties and what it is going to be used for. If it is just for gated yards, then probably a 32 or 36. Open areas...look to get a 48 or larger. Personally, if I were to buy one, I would get a 60" Turf Tracer. But I would buy another Lazer before I thought about buying a walkbehind. I had a Metro HP 48", but ended up selling it a while after I got a Lazer because it rarely left the trailer and was just depreciating in value.