Which Dewalt cordless impact?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by dougslawn, Jan 3, 2006.

1. dougslawn

dougslawn LawnSite Member

DW057K-02 with 138 ft-lbs max torque
    DW059K-02 with 300 ft-lbs max torque

Which Dewalt cordless impact would be a better choice given the prices are about the same? I guess either would work since blades are only tightened to around 100 ft-lbs on my mower. Thanks.

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

What is the price on 2 models.

3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Dewalt sucks. Buy another brand.

4. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Get the big one! I have had one for a couple of years and it has been great. I bought mine on a amazon.com special for $264.xx at my door. I checked at my local NAPA at the time and was told "you are in luck, we are having a tool sale." The then told me it was $379.99 for the exact same model! What a sale!

5. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I have the 300 ft ilbs model and I got it off ebay brand new for around 269.00. Its been a great tool. Definately worth its price especially if you bend a blade or need to change out blades on the road.

As a matter of fact here is a link for one on ebay for 260 + shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEWALT-DW059K-2...577762266QQcategoryZ73110QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You don't need an impact wrench to tighen blades two 14" socket wrench will do just fine. We have never had a blade come loose and we have never had problems replacing blades. Do all ours in the field.

7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Is the larger an adjustable torque setting type impact? And the smaller is a ? If they are both adjustable go for the larger, if not adjustable get the smaller, 300ftlbs will strip the sh!t out of a spindles threads.