Which diamond blade

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by brentsawyer, Dec 20, 2004.

1. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a Partner 700 saw w/ 14" blade and used it and am a little dissatisfied w/ the blade that I have. Truthfully, my circ. saw does a faster job just not able to cut through 4" caps. Wondering which diamond is best?

2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I like the stuff from the Diamond Warehouse. I bought a "bargain" blade this year, and it didn't end up being a bargain at all.

14" Diamond Warehouse will be $250+

I've heard a lot of pros used Partner. FWIW, I used a partner 650 yesterday, cutting through frost -- don't ask -- and was not impressed with it. I don't know how the 650 compares in size (cc's) with the Stihl's and Husky's I've used in the past.

3. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

650 is a baby. The 700 is most powerful in its class

4. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I got a 14" diamond blade for my Partner 700 III saw this summer off of ebay for around $80 or 90 bucks and have used it a good bit and it still seems to be holding up well. I have not bought or used the $200.00 blades so I really dont have anyother blades to compare it to but it still cuts well through block,

5. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

I use Diamond Products Core Cut blades. They are super premium 14 inch turbos. They run $225.00 per blade, however they last a long long time compared to the cheap ones.

Peace,

Rex

PaversInstalled.Com

6. CVNL

CVNL LawnSite Member

I use PR Diamond. I catch deals at the beginning of the year and can usually get my blades for around $90.00 The blades last as long as any other I have used, and they cost a third. PR backs up their blades with an unbeatable warranty. www.prdiamond.biz I use the ringwave blade for dry cuts, and they always have a deal going on wet blades for whatever type of block you are cutting.

7. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I *think* the blade we got with our Stihl was an Arrow brand blade. It's a wet/dry blade, and it's done just fine so far. I think it was around $125 or so.

You want the wet/dry cutting capability. Hook up the hose for multiple cuts, but if you're only going to be making one or two, the dry cutting is fine. Oh, get a pair of rubber overboots for the wet cuts.:) They're well worth the $15!

Dan