which dingo?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ashs inc, Mar 5, 2008.

1. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

i am looking to get a dingo this year. I found a 420 with 700 hours for $6000. but i was wondering if i need the 425. thanks for the help guys. pro and cons please

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Well that depends what you plan on doing with it....

3. littleredwagon

littleredwagon LawnSite Member

make sure the tracks are there (no wear and tear) if it's the tracked version. i just rented one yesterday, and it is stuck 3 feet in mud! Ruined my sod job, or at least the potential for any profits! I've got the rental company coming out today to try to get it out.. i hate it when stuff like this happens... but hey, that's landscaping! lol

4. ashs inc

from alabama

i am going to do landscaping with it. The 420 i found comes with just the bucket. I was hoping to get a trencher and a harley rake and an auger attachemt. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP GUYS THIS FORM IS AWESOME

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

that is a great price the guy don't have more for sale.:waving:

6. ashs inc

from alabama

no he bought it for a job and it paid for its self now he is getting out of the business.

7. bradicus18

bradicus18 LawnSite Member

Great price. However, the 425 will be much more turf friendly.

8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

That is a pretty good deal... tracked dingos are hard to find at a price like that.

9. cenote

cenote LawnSite Member

Go with tracks...had a wheeled, sold it to buy a ditchwitch 650. Much better unit with tracks.

10. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Curious...

First, what are you doing laying sod in three feet of mud...if in fact you are?

Second, what are you doing taking the machine into that much mud?

Owned mine for a few years now and had it in some pretty muddy conditions. NEVER have I gotten it stuck, especially with the tracks...just seems to float through it. Seems more of an operator error than machine error.