Which do I do first?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by LawnsM, Jan 12, 2008.

1. LawnsM

LawnsM LawnSite Member

I had a customer ask me to put down sod and install a sprinkler system. The only thing I don't know is which one I am supposed to do first? Can anyone help me out?:confused:

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

do your trenching pipe fitting and funny pipe everything off with a little duct tape, then sod, then heads? but i suppose you can put the heads down before..
    just make sure you leave enough swing of the pipe to be able to move some **** around.

3. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Prepare the area, mark the boundaries with paint, do the irrigation work, then sod. Do your sod work last- it's the icing on the cake.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I always love it when someone calls for a sprinkler system a week after the sod is installed.

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

that always hurts.

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Ahem....don't forget to make any required adjustments to the soil (eg. adding some organic matter never hurts)

7. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Start pedaling before you get on the bike!

8. Sodding in January in Indy?

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Hes planning ahead 6 months.

10. h2oman

h2oman LawnSite Member

Put your sod down, then open trench with a 6" trenching blade, then fertilize and oh yea... dont forget the sod staples! Buy the way do you put on first... your socks or your pants? This will tell a lot about how you do things in the field...