Which do you like better?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Team Gopher, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Recently Hustler created a promotion that showed a mower with a nascar theme paint job on it. I thought it looked really neat and was wondering what you thought.

Do you think they could sell more mowers if they had Nascar paint themes available?

Or maybe decals that could be added to a mower?

Would this make you want to buy one of their mowers over others?

2. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I'm thinking it would appeal to Nascar fans only.
    I'll probably be one of the few people that feel this way, if not the only one, but the paint scheme and celebrity endorsement is a HUGE turnoff to me. If I buy anything, whether it's a mower or refrigerator, I want it to be because it ranked at or near the top when competing against similar products during testing. Celebrity endorsements are a huge red flag to me. To me it's a crutch, saying the product can't stand on its own two feet (or 4 wheels). On the other hand, that kind of advertising obviously works on some people or companies wouldn't pay big bucks to the celebrities for their endorsements or voiceovers.
  3. greenwithenvylandscape

greenwithenvylandscape LawnSite Member

HA HA HA... I would not be caught dead on a NASCAR mower!
  4. Grass Cake

Grass Cake LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone C

In fact....even if they were rated head and shoulders above the rest...and 1000 dollars cheaper than the closest competitor, It would still be a turn off
    for me.

<I'd probably still buy one, then repaint it before it left my shed>

5. greenwithenvylandscape

greenwithenvylandscape LawnSite Member

I wonder if they go faster painted like that?
  6. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

slower, the extra paint adds weight :D

I wouldn't buy one with the nascar paint. At least not that one, the blue and yellow don't do it for me.
  7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Nope, I would not be caught dead riding around on one of those like some wannabe Nascar driver. Mowers are mowers, not racecars.
  8. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I agree with proenterprises, I personally thought it was a little tacky looking, would much preffer a normal painted machine. If I won that mower I would honestly use it for a couple of days then sell it! :rolleyes:
  9. jims lawn service

jims lawn service LawnSite Member
    from midwest

I would be embarrassed.I hate Nascar.I have a Nextel phone and they are a big Nascar sponsors.They tried to sell me a phone holder that was triple the price of the one with no "official Nascar " crap on it.
  10. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

I would buy one, not only are they attention getting, but entertaining to ride as well. Imagine the conversation starters that may end up in new business.