Which ear muffs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Jun 8, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I'm gonna get some ear muffs from Elvex or Peltor that have an FM stereo built in. My question is which model from Elvex or which model from Peltor? And I am curious about some of the features I see they have, but am not totally sure about them and wanted to get your opinions and your knowledge on this. My questions are about the ones with the mic feature and the ones with the communication channel what exactly are they, how good do they work, are they useful, etc. Not to mention I believe I've heard Eric say that they have some that you could hook a CD player up to? What about those? Help me out here guys,.....thanx!
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Look in Northern Equipment, they have the Elvex stereo head phone hearing protectors you can plug into a CD player. I have Peltor hearing protectors with the manual dial FM. They have been great and I think this is the 4th year for them.

We can't decide for you, just go to their sites and figure out which one you want. I know you had to read that other discussion on this.
  3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

how well are the radios? can u hear them well? does it totally block out sound, like if a person was screaming could u hear it?
  4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

5. CommercialCuts

CommercialCuts LawnSite Member
    from Mo

I have the elvex. Rechargeable last about 30 to 40 hrs. I always tell everybody they sound like bose quality. Good luck with your choice.
  6. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

So if it says it has a communication channel, does that mean it has a jack input for you to plug a walkie talkie into (if so, will a CD player work for these kind?) or does it already have the "walkie talkie" ability built in and has anyone here used them? If so, how well do they work? Reception? Range? As for the ones with the mic feature....how could that be useful? I can't think of anything that it would help by having the mic feature. What uses can you think of?

BTW, I am about to read your threads, Kirby.
  7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

An external mic, when someone walks up to talk, press the button and you hear everything said. Also works good when not around equipment, when doing multch or whatever, you can still listen to the radio and talk to someone while working with the headset on your head. No need to remove it!!