Which edger and line trimmer ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stRip, Feb 18, 2008.

1. stRip

stRip LawnSite Member

hello, me again thank you so much for those of you who helped me out with the blower post!!! Once again which line trimmer and edger should i go with husqvarna or echo... lowes carries the husqvarna line and home depot carries the echo line! Thank you all stRip:)

2. B Stove

B Stove LawnSite Member

Well in my opinion, I dont go to home depot or lowes for eqip. Try to build a relationship with a local dealer. The more they see your face(money$$$$) sometimes they will start to trow in free things...trim line/edger blades/etc.. homedepot your just another face....HOMEOWNER or somthing:walking:

3. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree. I will also say that I have seen other guys come into my dealer with things they have bought from HD or Lowes to be repaired and they are put at the bottom of the list in terms of repair time.

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

For what it's worth, I have 2 Husqvarna 323L trimmers. One I bougt at Lowes and the 2nd I bought at Tractor Supply. I have never been to concerend with "service" for a trimmer, because rarely do they have problems that are either that major or that I can't fix myself. Of course then the 2nd trimmer I bought, from TSC, wouldn't ever run right... I assumed that TSC wouldn't do a thing for me so I took it to my normal dealer to have them look at it. That jerk tells me it's a POS and that I should have bought a Stihl, then proceded to cut my line off to about 2" long and said that was my problem, and then CHARGED me for it.

It still ran bad when it got hot, ran like it was just running out of fuel. Tried replacing the fuel lines, no help. Finally I went back to TSC and asked a manager there what I should do with it. He looked at me like I was nuts, and siad, bring it back if it's messing up and we will give you a new one. Now thats service! They send it back to the distributer for repairs and I got a brand new trimmer. A dealer would have taken it and repaired it, sure, but never just replaced it.

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I really like ECHO.....try to find a dealer to purchase from and not HOME CHEAPO....not that you cant buy it there ..just try to find a dealer so that you have access to service and parts to do self service and maintenance. Good Luck

6. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo PAS with the trimmer and edger attachments.

7. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I would go with Echo for trimmers and edgers. I have some echo equipment and its not to shabby. I agree with others about going and purchasing equipment through a dealer!!

9. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like some good stuff. Anyone field tested these before? I've heard of them.

10. stRip

stRip LawnSite Member

Check out the kawasaki website and the maryuyama site!! There same tools maruyama just placed there stickers on the kawasaki blowers edger and trimmers maybe changed a little plastic and color but the blowers are exactly the same specs and everything! http://www.maruyama-us.com/
    http://www.kawpowr.com/