Which Engine Option

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by grasshopperslawn, Jan 24, 2009.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

You told me to re-evaluated my methods, when in fact you don't have situations that would truly test the 27hp kawaski's ability? yet your comfortable criticizing a 35hp Big Block. It's safe to say a 27HP Kawaski is a great engine, but not the best or most powerful option, depending on application, or as you say "re-evaluate your methods". Depending on deck size , and hydropump set up a 27hp engine could be short on hp/torque

2. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

"Reevaluate your methods" was a general term it wasn't directed at you, if it was I would of said "sparkplug reevaluate your methods" and their you go again assuming you know what the hell your talking about, STOP assuming you know my business you have absolutely no clue what I ran,run or have experience with, give me a break! It seems you "assume" nobody knows anything about hp and t I hate to bust your bubble but its not rocket science.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  3. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Man? you quoted me on it:waving: so it was directed right at me:laugh:, my rebuttle touch a nerve:realmad:, my gosh, sorry:angel: no one was telling you how to run your business.

4. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

Look I didn't mean to get so defensive but you were putting words in my mouth in all your rebuttals. We all have our opinions on exactly that "our own applications and experiences" no hard feelings :waving:

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

They own Snapper ... which also makes Simplicity !!

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Very well said !!

7. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

It would also help if he had listed the model he is getting and any bagging or mulching he plans to do with it.

8. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

I have both a Vanguard and a kawsaki and they both seem to work great for me. the vanguard is only a year old though. but I have always been wanting the Kawasaki LC but can't afford it.

9. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

They also own Guardian generators. Used to be owned by Generac, Me thinks. That's why you don't see the Guardian Motor in The Guardian generators anymore. All Briggs now, and I'd rather have a Generac/Guardian motor for a stand-by generator.

I thought Snapper was owned by MTD.

10. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic