Which Exmark mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Red truck 8, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Red truck 8

Red truck 8 LawnSite Member

I want a 60" deck. My largest property takes me six hours to mow with my 48" lazer hp with 23 kaw. I think I would like to try a new front runner. Here is a few questions. Gas or Diesel? Mid mount or out front? Which is faster? Which cuts better in uneven ground? My dealer is tring to sell me a 60" XS with 31hp. How much better will the new deck design be on the 06 line?

2. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

6 hours :eek: ? Looks to me you are targeting the wrong properties unless that one property is paying you $600 a cut. I would find some yards that would better suit a 48" mower, and save that $9500 for a rainy day.

3. firstclasslawncareandplow

firstclasslawncareandplow LawnSite Member

I would definentally wait for the 06 models they are supposed to be sooooo incredebly. The deck is 6" deep and supposedly never clogs up. Also the cut is really good (better than before). And the hydrolic pumps are upgraded with more valves to run more smoth......so wait
    - jon

4. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Red truck,
    Remember the Lazer HP is a a little bit of a slower Z Top speed of only 8.1 mph... On bigger open properties you need that extra 2 mph You would get from a Lazer Z... The XS is going to give you an extra 3.9 mph....

5. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a lazer z 23/60 and have been running it for 3 since early 03.
    took on 6 apartment complexes this year ( last guy damaged a building and didn't have insurance) ordered a lazer z XS 31/72 will be picking it up tomorrow--will let you know how it performs.

6. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member