1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which Exmark??

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by kneeboards, Sep 19, 2004.

1. kneeboards

kneeboards LawnSite Member

I was on the Exmark website, but it gives little guidance based on what type of area you are trying to tackle. I just bought a property with 10 acres, most of it lawn. The current owner uses a Toro rider and told me it takes about 6 hours to mow. I would like to shorten this time, and would also like a ZT, as I have hundreds of trees, a pond, and other obstacles.

What model would you recommend for a lawn of this size, and which engine? I will only be using it for my lawn, but it is substantial, and I want a mower to save me time and headaches.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

For 10 acres I'd look at a 60" and probably a 72" just because it's football season and I don't want to spend the whole weekend mowing. Just remember to keep all riding mowers away from the pond and you should be in good shape. I would also probably look at the standard Lazer Z or maybe the new XS if I wanted more power and speed. The truth is that it's pretty unlikely you'll wear out any of our units on 10 acres of grass. It really comes down to how much time you want to spend mowing and how much time you want to spend playing................I like to play

3. robertbick

robertbick LawnSite Member

I use an Exmark Lazer Z 27hp Kohler with a 60" deck for my 3.5 acres. I can do the whole yard in about 1 hour (not many trees). I would highly recommend the Lazer Z. If I were you, I would go for the 72" deck for 10 acres as long as you could fit it in between the trees. The 27hp is plenty powerful enough for me, no bogging down in thick grass even when it is damp.