Which Fert to use?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by WJW Lawn, Oct 22, 2007.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

First off...no im not liscenced...this is my lawn...and I plan on taking the test this winter to start ferting.

Ok...now the question. Ive recently overseeded my lawn with tall fescue...and Im wondering which type of LESCO fertilizer should I use and when should I use it? Since the seed was put down a week ago...I assume it would be wise to wait awhile. Any help would be great...oh and I live in Raleigh NC.

**Better yet...does anyone have a decent plan from Lesco for tall fescue in the central NC area?***

Ive called Lesco about this...but they are always "too" busy to talk to me, and I just havent had time to run up there. Any help from the pros on here would be awesome! Thanks in advance (and yes I am an idiot--so you cant use that in your post).
  2. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

you might get a few replies with some advice for a plan. Make sure you take advice from someone that lives in the same zone as you.

DMSLANDSCAPE LawnSite Member
    from 48223

just fertilize the lawn with a product with phosphorus in it. and potassium. water it in.

you can use weed control until baby grass shows. then you can't use weed control until the second cutting.
  4. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco 18-24-12... or some other Starter Fertilizer formula with a higher P %
  5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

6. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Cut and paste this answer for all fertilizing questions!

And can I add one?

"Check with your local county extension service"
  7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Agree, I wouldn't want to set up a fert program for Fl for what I do in OH!

But when a person is asking what starter to use or if any is needed.....that is a universal question!