Which Fertilizers for Minimum Growth & Maximum Green ????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MJB, Jul 8, 2006.

1. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Ok Guys, I'm curios if anyone has found such a fertilizer in a granular. I'm tired of applying fertilizers enough to get the deep green, then paying for it each week with 6 inches of new growth to hide. I'm talking about for northern grasses, Kentucky Bluegrass, fescue mix etc. What is everyone else using ? I've tried most that are available locally, but not satisfied yet.

2. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

earthworks 5-4-5. just started using it this year and the resulte have been vg. nice deep green without much growth

3. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

4. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

i used it for two seasons with average results, try the earthworks, you won't be disappointed.

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

If green is all you want then use IRON and sprayed will work much better than granular.

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Ding! Ding! That's the winning combo right there!

7. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

8. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

Check your soils Magnesium levels and correct if needed. Magnesium is necessary for chlorophyll production. Then check sulfur levels, sulfur will green up the plants to. A folar spray of manganese will give almost instant green(low rate needed with manganese, 2 lb per acre). Calcium in summer will help green up the plants without a lot of extra growth.