Which Grass Catcher To Get???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slapshotmike24, Jun 14, 2004.

1. slapshotmike24

slapshotmike24 LawnSite Member

Hey guys. I was wondering which grass catcher you reccomend. I am putting it on my 48" Bobcat that is the old style. I was looking at grass gobbler but I'm not sure which one to get. Any help would be great. I would also appreciate some pictures if you have any?:confused:

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Call wright mfg. They might still be able to make you a grass gobbler for your bobcat. Since they used to. Might cost you a couple extra bucks. But call them and find out. You never know until you ask.

3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the jumbo or you will be emptying it all the time. I would call the accelerator comp too because the gobblers get very heavy at 5:00.

4. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Listen, buy an accelerator grass catcher. They are made of aluminum so they wont rust like the Gobblers, are much lighter than the Gobblers and dumps easily. They make one especially for your Bobcat. They sponsor this site and have a link up top at the forum headings.

I have an accelerator xl and couldn't be happier.

5. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Aluminum is good,but they are expensive to fix as aluminum is not easy to weld. I have a grass gobbler on my bobcat which is fine and has been fine. If you do decide to go with the grass gobbler,i have a brand new one still in the box I would sell.

6. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Accelerators warranty puts those fears to rest. Mine has been through some tough s--t and is as good as the day I bought it.

7. slapshotmike24

Thanks for the advice. I am going to check out accellerator for their warrenty but if you have one forsale. I am interested in the gobbler too if the price is right. Now that i have thought it over, is it worth it to bag or should i just mulch. Right now i am side discharging but it is getting very messy with fresh mulch in the beds. What do you think??

8. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

go with the accellerator. i got one for my lesco. love it. if you are just doing it to keep grass out of beds then check out an OCDC.

9. slapshotmike24

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but whats an OCDC????

10. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

its an operator control discharge chute. Check out masterchute.com or do a search for ocdc.