1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which GREEN DYE is Best? (Showing where I sprayed)

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by CrazyBlonde, Jan 21, 2010.

1. CrazyBlonde

CrazyBlonde LawnSite Member

:confused:Can someone tell me which GREEN DYE looks the MOST NATURAL, and disappears the quickest? I do alot of LARGE lawns, and need the DYE often so I can see where I've sprayed. (Especially on dry warm days.) It also reassures my customer that I didn't "miss a spot". I am stuck with some tablets that are blue green and don't look natural. The label came off the carton, or I would tell you the name so you don't buy them too. It is a ugly blue-green! Please tell me what looks best, and where to get it. Thank You, :waving:Cheryl

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

I dont think any of them will look natural. I have tried Lesco, UAP, all of them. I use a blue dye, but the yellow aqua-cap makes it green. The lighter I mix it the faster is will disappear. The more sun the faster it fades, rain in forecast its gone fast.
  3. All Season Bill

All Season Bill LawnSite Member

I've used that once. There was blue on everything for weeks....from the truck seat to my pants...and somehow got into my socks, it even stained the boots...messy stuff.