1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which handheld blower??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Apr 25, 2007.

Which handheld blower is best?

1. Stihl bg85 New D version

22 vote(s)
  2. Redmax 2600 or 2601

8 vote(s)
  3. Echo pb200

14 vote(s)
  1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Which handheld should I get? Which one is the most dependable and longlasting? I'm not concerned so much as to most powerful cfms. Because I have my rm eb7001 for that. I just need a light handheld blower for small cleanups and stuff I missed with the backpack so I won't have to lug that thing back out for a spot I missed. Which of these three should I get?

Stihl bg85? D model?
    Redmax 2600 2601?
    Echo pb200.
  2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

the longest lasting hand blower hands down is the echo pb210e . they last 15-20 years comm use. its plenty strong too. the sthil 85 is far and away the strongest but mine is fussy to start
  3. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

scott, if you like the echo's, i'd look at either the pb 230ln or pb 251. both have higher cc's and are commercial handhelds. don't get me wrong, the pb 200 does its job, it's just a little weak.
  4. Nathan Robinson

Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712

sounds like lawnboy dan knows what he is talking about!
  5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Where do you get those? Home depot only has the 200.
  6. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

You are joking right? Go to your local power equipment dealer. Home Depot dosent fix what they sell. ( I learned that the hard way)
  7. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Go to their website and order it.
    I'm sure the dealer wont mind.:laugh:
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Echo does not make the 210 anymore. It was discontinued due to emmissions requirements. It was a very durable machine and it sucks to see it go. Also, the pb200 is no longer available, its now the pb251.
  9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

My SH85 works well, sometimes it's a little finicky to start when hot.
  10. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

The Echo Pb-230 to me is the best. I have a Bg-85 but like others say its hard to start sometimes. Echo always starts on the first pull on choke and then just flip to run.