1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which handheld blower??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Apr 25, 2007.

?

Which handheld blower is best?

1. Stihl bg85 New D version

22 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Redmax 2600 or 2601

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Echo pb200

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  1. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've always had good luck with Echo.

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

no more pb210? oh well i have 2 new ones hanging on my wall . they will out last me since i am 51 . i have used them since i started my biz in 89 and bought 2 used ones then. 1 is still in daily use! these things are amazingly durable.

3. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

Everyone's Stihls are hard to start. I took a printout of a thread complaining of such to my dealer and they said they would forward it onto the district Stihl rep. Who knows, maybe the new BG85 is better?

4. PopsLawnService

PopsLawnService LawnSite Member

None of the above. Mine is not listed.

5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

The new bg85 has that cat. converter. Which makes it start weird and loose power.

6. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

you'll have to get it from your dealer. i know pauli's and eastbank cyclery both sell commercial echo equipment, so you can get it from anywhere that's a dealer.

7. S man

Both of those dealers suck. Eastbank tries to rip me off everytime I go in there, and pauli has some problems also. I'm talking to stihl about him now.

8. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

pb200 was my first blower, it has lasted me years and I don't even treat it that good, a very good durable machine, starts up right away.

9. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I have a PB210e that is 16 years old and starts everyday on the 1st pull. It has never been in the shop and it just blows and blows. I bought another one a few years back as we needed an extra blower. I just goes and goes. As far as not making them....they are still on the website and they are CARB certified.
    http://www.echo-usa.com/product.asp?Model=PB-210&Category=POWERBLOWER

Have a look

10. S man

Is that the best echo I should get??