Which handheld trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FIRESCOOBY, Feb 4, 2007.

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Title was meant to say hand held HEDGE trimmers. Was wondering what you guys thought.

Between the Redmax CHT2200, Stihl HS-45, Echo HC-150?

They're all within $30 of each other. I've got mostly Stihl equipment except for my Redmax blower. The Stihl dealer is closer, but the Redmax dealer is much more accomodating. Echo dealer is about same as Redmax as far as distance, but never dealt with them.

Mainly wondering if anyone has any bad experiences with any of these and your personal recommendations.

2. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out the hs80. They are a little bit more expensive than the hs45...but you get what you pay for. I've used a set heavily for five years without having to do anyting to them...I haven't even had to sharpen the blades yet.
  3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i've never used the redmax hedge trimmers, but i have run stihl blowers and trimmers and now i run a redmax blower and trimmer and will probably never use anything other than redmax. that being said, all should be quality tools. i might suggest ergonomics and more importantly, weight. i had a stihl hs80 and while it'd cut thru just about anything, it was very bulky and pretty heavy, not ideal if you are cutting large things. you might think about a pole trimmer setup instead.

just my .02 (and that's about all i got, winter needs to end).
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The Echo HC150 is a good unit we have three and they have lasted over 5 years. ONe of the most important things is lightweight ...so I would be careful not get a heavy unit.

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

I currently have the Stihl KM110 with the 135 degree hedge trimmer head. It's good for trimming taller things (although quite heavy).

Probably going with the Redmax mainly because I have been VERY pleased with my blower, and the dealer is beyond great!!