1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which hedge clippers

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by lawnprosteveo, Jun 26, 2006.

1. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I need a long reaching set of hedge clippers. Ive got it down to 3 possible picks.
    Shindaiwa AHS 231, Echo HCA 260, Redmax SRTZ 2500.

Im leaning strongly toward the Echo because my old HC150 clippers are still going strong.

I had Stihl 4 mix and had nothing but problems with the thing.

Let me know what ya'll think!
  2. driver5

driver5 LawnSite Senior Member

ive got shindawia everything. i have a hedge trimmer, and i have a combo unit, that has all sorts of attachments. expensive, but worth it. on the combo unit i have a hedge attachment, and you can adjust it to any angle. it works great.

good luck
  3. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

A while back I bought a bush trimmer attachment for one of the combo units. I took off the shaft, and then took one of my trimmers and took off the trimmer head and mounted the bush trimmer attachment to the trimmer and have a great long reach tool. I can trim monster bushes and it only cost me like $150 for the trimmer attachment. It works great for me.
  4. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

What ever brand you decide upon, get an extended reach equivalent to the Sthil HL 100. It will be more productive,less bending of you're back,and you will experience less operator fatigue. You or your employees back will thank you.
  5. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

The Echo HCA-260 will serve you very well. We have 2 of them now and they work great.

We also have 2 of the split shaft Echo units and they work every bit as well.
  6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Thanks for the input!