Which Hedge Trimmer

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by hillndale, Apr 5, 2006.

1. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Which series is for commercial use and is the more rugged & reliable? The 26" HTD-2526PF seems more powerful & costs a bit more than the popular 26" THT-210S. Could you shed a little light on the differences please. I have all Stihl equipment at the moment & Redmax BP blower. I need a hedge trimmer this season. Stihl has a good one out this year, but they recentlly re assigned dealerships in my area and it's kinda bummed me, for servicing purposes.

Tanaka is working hard to get the word out. So what's the word on these hedge trimmers please. I read the field test.

thanks

hillndale

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Thanks for taking the time to learn more about Tanaka.

1. Both are commercial use hedge trimmers. The HTD model features our PureFire low emission 2-stroke engine. For more about Purefire, go here...

http://tanaka-usa.com/index.php?section=38

2. Compare the models

a. The THT-210S features the new QuickLock handle system while the HTD model has the QuickTwist (wingnut) system. The QuickTwist allows you to choose any position within 180 degrees while the QuickLock allows for 5 positions. Personally, I would go with the QuickLock system (all HTD models will feature the QuickLock in the future).

b. The HTD model has a bit more power (24cc vs. 21cc), but the THT-210S still packs a punch for a 21cc engine.

c. The THT-210S is half-a-pound lighter than the HTD model

d. The THT-210S is NOT available in California, the HTD is.

e. Both utilize the same 26" double-sided, dual reciprocating blades.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-MW

3. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Thanks very much for the prompt reply. You are really working hard to get the word out on Tanaka. Seems you folks are really smitten with the 210S. I will go to the dealer and check it out. It's a little early in Maine for pruning, but I'm doing my research now.

Best
    Hillndale

4. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Yes, we think its the best HT in its class - Can't be beat in power-to-weight!

Be sure to call the dealer in advance to make sure he has it in stock.

-MW

5. Talon1189

Talon1189 LawnSite Member

I looked at the 210s but the saleman was such a dick to us as soon as we walked through the door :hammerhead: when we asked if he would move on the price......we walked out in less than 5 minutes :angry: I also looked at the Shindaiwa and was turned off buy the price and heavy weight + they would not reduce the price a nickle :dizzy: I ended up buying the Stihl HS 81T at a Stihl dealer 5 minutes from my house :) The Stihl dealer said I could have the hedge trimmer for $30.00 off the floor price :cool2: SOLD! The new HS 81T is listed at only 8 onces heavier and I liked the balance of the Stihl :) Hope I don't regret it later :laugh: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon