Which hedge trimmer?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by mowinginva, Oct 16, 2010.

1. mowinginva

mowinginva LawnSite Senior Member

I need a hedge trimmer but will only be using it occasionally which makes me hesitant to spend much on one. What would you say would be the best lightweight trimmer at the cheapest price?

2. wild willy

wild willy LawnSite Member

I use the hedge trimmer attachment for my line trimmer, absolutely a useful tool well worth the price.When I need it pop it on, very handy for shrubs and hedges...its paid for itself soo many times over in the past years!!!

3. mowinginva

That is an idea, thanks. Now, to find out if my Husqvarna 326LX can be used with one.

4. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I know Lowes sales some that you can get several attachments for(Edger,hedge trimmer,string trimmer).
    Both of mine are Kawasaki. One is standard and the other is 6ft with a articulating head. Neither of them were cheap but i use them a lot.

5. mowinginva

Yea, we had a Stihl fs130 at one time and used it with multiple attachments - that was a powerhouse. Only have a Husqy 326LX now.

6. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought the 6ft. articulating ones a month or so ago. I had been wanting them all year and had to justify the $500. cost......

7. NarNar

NarNar LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl is well worth the money. The time saved from down-time due to mechanical problems, will justify the high prices. For our next trailer, we are going to transition to Stil... blower, weedwacker, and chainsaws.

8. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

You should try the stihl hs 45 they are lightweight and perfect for occasional uses...

9. nvc0117

nvc0117 LawnSite Member

Get a 24inch Stihl HS45

10. NarNar

NarNar LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, I will keep your suggestion in mind.