which hedge trimmer?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Pugsly, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Pugsly

Pugsly LawnSite Member

I got a echo srm2400sb trimmer. Is it better to get the articulating hedge trimmer attachment for this or get a whole seperate echo hedge trimmer?

what are the pro's and con's to each?

Thanx
    Keith

2. fox

fox LawnSite Member
    from MN

use my trimmer for trimming, and have always owned a hedge trimmer for pruning. echo makes a nice hedger.

3. actionpike

actionpike LawnSite Member

Echo hedge trimmers work great.

4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Pugsly - I have the articulating attachment for my PAS 260 and it is a great piece of equipment, it is used in conjunction with my HC 1600 hedge trimmer.. If I had only one trimmer it would have to be the HC 1600, the PAS with the trimmer attached is just too large for the majority of trimming that I do so I limit its use to the large shrubs where the smaller unit cannot reach.
    You are going to have to be the judge of what you need to have to do your jobs efficiently.
    BobR

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Get a separate one...they're expensive, but if you have a lot of use for it, it's worth the investment. I've had mine for 7 or 8 years now.

6. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Putting the articulated, or any head on a straight trimmer makes it too long for everything but the top of hedges. All the standard stuff you couldn't do, so as RodFather says, get a dedicated one. Redmax makes a mid size one and my choice in the Echo 2400.

hedge2.jpg

7. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Who is that in the pic? that not you, is it?

8. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Ok you guys can laugh if ya want, but i have 2 weedeater 22" trimmers and I love them They are light, will cut just about anything, and you can sling em all day long. I have numerous very large hedge trimming jobs, and these trimmers just eat em up. They run $159, IMO you cant beat em....:) :drinkup:

9. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

bastalker, no need to fear! I've got a Homlite 22 incher too! Also have a 208 MPH Homlite blower (all I could afford at the time-hey it does the job-thats what really counts,and the fact it has NEVER broken in the 4 years I've had it)

10. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I realize you they work fine, however, for another $200, you could have a piece of equipment that pay for ifself in just 6 hours of use, and then you'd actually start making money at what you do. Sorry, but Sissor's do a fine job too, it's just that the idea of a business is to make money at it..........
    Been there, done that, done that again, you're just wasting time.........
    Pete