which hedge trimmer?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Pugsly, Apr 17, 2003.

1. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Why cant you make any money off of cheaper equipment??
    I started off with the Weedeater hedge trimmers and made plenty of money with them. They are a good lightweight machine and held up to years of abuse. Now i have upgraded most of my equipment and it still does the exact same thing as my old stuff did.

2. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

All I'm trying to say is, first, I've used both types of equipment. Once you go to a profession powered and designed tool, you'll immediately notice you can cut much faster, smoother, reach more areas, put less strain on your back, breath less exhaust and "BASICALLY" do the same job in "half" the time it takes using "cheap" tools. So, sure you can use cheaper tools, but if you can do the same work in half the time, IMO, it just doesn't make any sense.
    Pete

3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a weedeater hedge trimmer four years ago. I have looked into the trimmer that Pete promotes, and anticipate a purchase. The problem is that my homeowner weedeater works fine and has yet to let me down.

4. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like what switchless is trying to say in general is: "If you're a professional, get professional equipment".

5. Doc Pete

OK, so it's "me" that's supposed to keep hitting myself with the hammer. :dizzy:
    Now, all together class; If changing equipment lets you do the job twice as fast, that means you make twice the money. Now, if you don't want to do that, please thinking of changing jobs and take up Professional "Sock hole" mending.............
    Pete

6. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

OOPS - pressed a key which posted junk..
    BobR

7. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Hmm - I think LGF has a saying that would apply here.

What does all this have to do with Pugsly's question ??
    BobR

8. diffferent tools different jobs I use two different type of hedge trimmers and the more money you spend on them beter the cut.Echo,stihl and redmax all offer great hedge trimmers.A $150. hedge trimmer will not cut near as good as a $350 trimmer plus the cheaper ones dulls within very little use

9. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Well damn, If i can cut as many hedges as you do in the same amount of time and save $200, I will probably do just that. Mine payed for themselves in 3 hours. In the last 2 years I have made nothing but profit from them. Wait sorry 1 year 355 days an 21 hours. My scissors will cut rings around you switchless. If ya wanna test this theory, I have a double hedge yard identical. You can pick which one ya want.

You payed 359.00 for yours and they paid for themselves in 6 hours.

I paid 159.00 for mine.They paid for themselves in 3 hours..

Whats your damn point????????

10. Doc Pete

Err.... that I'm wasting my time bothering with this......