which hedge trimmer?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Pugsly, Apr 17, 2003.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We use Echo's HC1500 and Hc 1600 along with PAS 260's with straight shafts and articulated shafts. We use the HC-series for low shrubs and the PAS's for taller ones.
  2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Pete, that's a British website. The first indication was .uk but then I noticed the guy in the picture had rotten teeth. he he he
  3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks. Hmmmm, kinda dumb to post a UK website. I didn't even check. Anyway, here's the correct website to view. This is one of the units I use...... Of course you need to get rid the "stupid" holding handle on the machine, since your arm will fall off in about 10 minutes, if you use it the way they suggest. Also, since it weighs about same as a weed wacker, weight isn't a problem. And yes, I think Redmax has a similar type unit, too.

from AL

5. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

There ya go. All I do is "Smaller fine hedging" and shrubs.
  6. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

My Stihl HS45 is a good machine, regardless of "skill level" or "application." We have a LOT of pampas grass removal in my area and it's especially good for that. I bought it specifically for it's size so I could get in and out of tough and tight spots. Opinions vary.
  7. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

here is my hedge trimming arsenal all of em are good trimmers

8. JohnyNCa

JohnyNCa LawnSite Member

Id like to get one of those echo shc-210 hedge trimmers. Where on the net can i order one? i live in calif and my local dealer only sells stihl...also the echo's that are not calif epa compliant are they more powerful? thanks guys
  9. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

get a dedicated unit for this. that way if the power unit goes down you can still your trimming or prunning whichever the case may be.
  10. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

http://alamia.com/ Ask for Jeff... he has taken good care of me as I live on the Oregon/California border.... Where in California are you?

I bought one after reading Switchless suggestions (Thanks again) and found it to be a little different feel at first, but am now getting a feel for it and am using it more and more.... just takes a little time to feel comfortable....

Good Luck, Clay