Which Herbicide?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by iquack4u, Jan 12, 2006.

1. iquack4u

iquack4u LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I have been in lawn care for a year now, but am not sure which herbicide would be best to use for around buildings, fencelines, etc; basically anywhere you do not want anything to grow ever. Last year, I used glyphosphate, but with the amount of rains we received, I had to make more frequent application then desired. I do a good bit of commercial lawn care, and recently obtained my pesticide license. I basically am looking for a the most persistant, nonselective herbicide I can find for this purpose. Any suggestions?

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Round up. Mix it with a pre-emergent. I like oryzalin.

3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Princip , Simezine .

4. TforTexas

TforTexas LawnSite Senior Member

Sahara mixed with round-up will kill existing vegatation and sterilize soil for a season but watch out for run off or drift!

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

what type of round, and how strange is the mixture that you are using?

6. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

7. tiedeman

from earth

I meant how strong?

8. tiedeman

from earth

Another thing to try that is low cost, is some vegetation killer by Ortho. Works great!!! Get the concentrate

9. iquack4u

iquack4u LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Does the Sahara do its job even with plant life? I was ready a bit about Pramitol and it suggested to use Roundup and Scythe first. What do you think? How often can you apply Sahara and what formulation are you using? Thanks

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Be careful with things like Pramitol and Sahara. The leaching properties are ridiculous. The suggestion above of the glyphostae (Roundup) and Oryzalin is a winning combonation.