Which Hustler is best for me?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by JohnSr, Jun 1, 2005.

1. JohnSr

JohnSr LawnSite Member
    from MD

Newbie here in need of advice. Which Hustler would be best for my needs? I am buying it primarily to cut my own property but am also considering doing some cutting for others throughout my neighborhood to make some extra $$.

I am concerned about some hills that I have and will post a pic or two so you can see my dilemma. I would like to start w/ a Fastrak because of the price and because I wont be going into full blown commercial business. But would a Fastrak handle hills like this??? I was also considering a Super WB because of the hills.

Lawn Pics

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

John

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would definitely be looking at a Mini Z or SWB, a FasTrak will likely be fine on that hill (stability), but the hydros are going to heat up fast on that type of slope.
    Plus with the additional properties your looking at, the Mini or SWB (or std wb) would suit your needs a lot better.

Pj

3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I must agree, nothing works better on hills than the new SWB's. Frankly, if you have rough ground you'll like the SWB/bullrider combo better than the ride of the Fasttrack.
    If you enjoy mowing, you'll actually look forward to using the SWB combo. It makes mowing fun. I enjoy inventing different ways to mow around trees. The SWB combo is much like skiing, only with the advantage of turning around and mowing backwards just like mowing forward.
    OOP's, sorry...... Does it show that I have 3 SWB's and have "way too much fun" mowing with them :cool2:

Pete