1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which is a better zero turn?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rdm, Jun 8, 2003.

1. rdm

rdm LawnSite Member

I am considering purchasing a 48 in" or 52 in" Cub Cadet "Tank"or Scag. Which is the better piece of equipment for the money, and as far as being reliable? The dealer I was talking to said the Cadet had a prettier cut, but otherwise they are basically the same.:confused:
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Scag has a better reputation on Lawnsite.
  3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

This is the reason for the prettier cut, I perfer the cub most of the z's have the same hydralic pumps/motors and the same engines. I have 2 cub zero/turn riders and a mtd pro w/b.
    I would go with the dealer that would give you the best service, thats why I went with what I did.

also the cub comes in 54" as well as the 48", if you should go with the 48" I'd suggest the fab deck. I was at my dealer the other day and they had a 54" w/honda 24 hp on it, I've heard good and bad with the bigger honda's, never owned a big hp one have smaller ones and like them.

4. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Of the two brands that you mentioned, Scag is by far the better choice...

WAY better!!
  5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

scag is mentioned more here but i would Demo and see what works best for you!!