Which is better?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Psych-O, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Psych-O

Psych-O LawnSite Member

"Excalibur Lawn Service" or "O-zone Lawn Service" ?? :help:
    Wife likes O-zone cause my first name starts with an O. I like the sound of Excalibur. Just opinions on which sounds better as a business name. :dizzy:

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I think ozone has a negative connotation associated with it. I'd go with Excalibur.

3. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

how about commoniwannalawnya....oh wait, that wasn't one of your choices..

4. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't like eather. 1st National Bank or O National Bank? Excalibur sound like a military operation, guns and stuff. At 50 yds at 50 mph, Excalibur will look like Excavator. When people see O Zone they will think PETA. Wack - O. Your name should be outstandingly neutral to all. My friend O is, quiet, calm, undisturbed, secured, trusting, trusted, reliable, timely, affordable, credible, friendly, equipment ready, johnny on the spot kind a guy. Every one wants their name to say something. People don't gave a crap what your name is. They want to know about your character, and are you going to show up or not? Are you going to leave me with a post card look, or are you going to brake into my house when I'm not home? Let your work say all that for you and it takes a while to build trust. Bad news travels very fast and it take a long time to out live. Why pick a name that sends a signal out ahead of you that some people may find a question with? When you cut a yard and are gone and the customer pulls in the drive, you should hear them say "WOW" 3 blocks away.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

definetly not the O-Zone

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I don't really like either. Large companies that have salesman that deal with customers can use names that don't reflect the owners. But small and medium size companies are more personal. You want your name know. You want people to recognize you. The exposure gets you the biz. This is all my opinion, but I draw that conclusion based on experience.

7. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i agree with littleriver....

Excalibur is too uptight, to "strict", marine sound to it.

O zone....you will get questions if your equipment is hurting the O-zone layer.

8. Psych-O

Psych-O LawnSite Member

What about "Sir Cuts-A-Lot" ?

9. Psych-O

Psych-O LawnSite Member

I think I'm going with "Elite Ground Care". :blob3:

10. Psych-O

Psych-O LawnSite Member

Anyone?????