Which is more productive, ferris 52 wb or Wright 52" Stander?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by syzer, Mar 21, 2006.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, so say you could only get one mower from the two in the title. A 52" Wright Stander, or the 52" Ferris DD Hydro WB. Which would you get? They would be used on both residential and commercial (both large and small). At the moment no real hills to speak of.

This is what I see:

52" Ferris WB:

6mph so 2mph slower
    Holds hills better
    Have to get off of it to walk it back sometimes

52" Wright Stander:

Always on the machine
    2 mph faster (8mph)
    Hold hills pretty good.

What would you guys choose and why? I appreciate the input!

2. old dog 80

old dog 80 LawnSite Member

I am looking AT standers to hopefully quit walking as much for the biggest
    reason.they are $2000 cheaper than zriders and about $1000 more than a good
    walk behind.My concern is how they handle on the hills.I am looking at Wright
    and EverRide.I wonder how they hold up to the day to day grind?

3. syzer

You bring up another good point, I can get the Ferris for $5700.00 and I can get the Stander for $5400.00 through Channel Partners Discount.

Old Dog, if you have never had a stander, you are going to love them. We ran the GD Surfers and Super Surfers before and loved them!

4. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

The standers are very productive. The only thing is that there will eventually br a spot where you can not safely use it and you will need a walk behind.

5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

the stander will be much more productive.
    It may take a little time to master, but once you do I would guess that production would be at least 25 if not 50% faster.

6. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

We use them with no problems great on hills.

7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

A Wright Stander will always be more productive than the same size walk-behind unless you are on really hilly ground. The other Standers on the market will not be as productive, but still more. This is because the longer wheel base of them means they can't be manuevered and turned as quickly as the Wright.

8. Hard Worker

Hard Worker LawnSite Member

We love the Standers, although is GD instead of Wright. Works great on hills and is easy to get off of if it gets away from you. Go with the Stander.:weightlifter:

9. syzer

Yeah, we are going to get a 52 and a 36 stander. My borther just kept arguing with me about it not being that much more productive then a wb. I told him he was wrong, you guys are my back up =). I am going to point him to this thread.

10. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Chris,

Jerry at Pioneer has surfers on sale for 4999. I remember you and your brother purchased abunch of stuff there.