1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which is more professional looking?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by angnak, Aug 7, 2005.

1. angnak

angnak LawnSite Member
    from NC

Getting a truck like this or this
    or maybe just a new truck, maybe f-250, with a nice covered trailer?

2. MrFangs

MrFangs LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

What type of business?
  3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that as long as your truck is nice looking and mechanically sound (not leaking fluids onto customers propertry), you will look professional. Now, to throw a wrench in there, I think it looks unprofessional when you have 2 trucks on a site that are different colors. Choose a color scheme and stick to it. People will start to recognize you by your truck colors.

4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Really, I like the W3500 better. but if its mechanically sound, doesnt leak fluids all over the place, and goes, its professional enough for me. other than that, I dont know what to say.
  5. Thirdpete

Thirdpete LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

I think that's over-doing it a bit for your standard lawn-maintenace. I would say, a 250 with a dump insert would be big enough if you're just cutting, or if cutting is most of your revenue.
  6. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

W3500 looks good, but the question would be if you really need it.
  7. angnak

angnak LawnSite Member
    from NC

Well, it is for Lawn care right now, but I will be expanding into landscaping next year. Nothing to big yet. I agree with everything being the same color. I figured white trucks. I was worried about getting loads of dirt or whatever if I went with the w3500. I just figured I could get the all in one for a little less than a truck and trailer, i am just not to sure about the look of the all in one.

I just realized the links defaulted to the first trucks on there. I was interested in the cubes just in case no one picked up on that.
  8. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I would feel really intrusive parking something with that big of a profile in the nice neighborhoods that I service lawns in. Commercial accounts wouldn't be a problem. For just mowing you really don't need that type of vehicle. I use a F150 and a twelve foot trailer to pull a Z and a WB. Anything more is overkill for a solo or a two man operation.
  9. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

What ever fits your budget and gets the job done.
  10. Master Po

Master Po LawnSite Member

I certainly would not purchase one of these for just mowing. I tow a sixteen foot trailer with a Silverado and that is just right. If you plan on delivering a lot of rocks, straw, mulch, debris, or topsoil I would seriously look into the Stake C7500. Just for mowing it is a little too big a clunky to be driving around on tight neighborhood streets, especially if you plan on towing a trailer.