Which Lawnmower(riding) mower do you like?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by hav0k, Apr 3, 2013.

1. hav0k

hav0k LawnSite Member

What riding lawnmower do you guys prefer? I'm told Farris is very good, I'm also told Toro likes to breakdown alot and what not.

What are your suggestions?
  2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

john deere or scag

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

4. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

John Deere. Like it enough to buy another one.
  5. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

6. Benfield

Benfield LawnSite Member

John Deere X530
  7. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

SCAG Turf Tiger, eXmark Lazer, or a Walker. All nice units.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Snydermf

Snydermf LawnSite Member

Ferris def. has the best ride on the market! If you're the one driving it and you're going to be doing this for years, save your back and get the Ferris, I own my second and third now and will replace them with more Ferris when they wear out! If you can get the suspension seat option, the ride is just like a car, trust me its worth the money up front, spend the Extra $500 now for the seat and save the thousands later on your back. (at least that's what I decided). They are easily on par with the others for cut quality and machine durability but ahead in ride comfort.
  9. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Scags for now but strongly considering at least 1 Ferris 3100 series in the future.
  10. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Hey there, do you find there is any issue with cutting unevenly if you turn around on a slight undulation? like does the suspension squat to one side and effect the deck in any way? For eg if i have 1 tyre lower psi then the other I will find the deck scalping on one side & generaly it will cut lower on that side all the time. so im wondering if this idea would be the same.

considering the option of a 3100