Which Lazer XP 72"?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by crazygator, Apr 12, 2003.

1. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking at possibly adding a Lazer XP 72" to my toy box. From all who own them, which motor is better and why between the Gas and Diesel?

I think I would lean towards the diesel, just not sure.

Anyone have any comments on this? What is your thoughts Exmark?

Thank you to everyone who responds!
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey crazygator,

Your decision on which engine to purchase really comes down to what you are looking for in this type of product. If you are looking for all out power and productivity, go with the 31-hp gas. This is the most powerful mower we put on our mowers. If I want the 72" deck, I'm going to choose the 31-hp gas every time. I know that others may disagree with me and start to quote every torque curb they've ever run across for diesel engines, but I know what I have seen, and I can tell you that the 31-hp gas is just plain more powerful.

If I'm looking at the 60" deck, I would consider the diesel for several reasons. Maybe I already have several pieces of equipment that is diesel powered, and I know that diesel engines last a long time when properly cared for. I'm going to keep this mower for several years, so I need a reliable engine. With the 27-hp diesel, I can save some money by running off-road diesel. The diesel engine is also a little more fuel efficient. Generally speaking, the diesel engine uses about 1.1 gal./hr. The 31-hp gas will consume around 1.35 gal./hr. This is why I would choose the 27-hp diesel engine over the 31-hp gas. If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Here to help,

Exmark Customer Support
  3. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

Dustin is right. The 31hp gas has more flat out power, and the engine is so smooth. The diesel is more fuel efficient, and still more than adequate to get the job done. It just basically comes down to personal preference. Either way you can't go wrong.