Which Lazer Z CT to purchase?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by BlaineAB, Apr 28, 2004.

1. BlaineAB

BlaineAB LawnSite Member

I'm a homeowner with about 3.5 acres to cut. After 5 years of hurting a 38" Toro riding mower, I'm looking to upgrade.

I'm thinking about the Exmark 1848 LazerZ CT (single cylinder 18 hp Kohler motor, 48" deck) or the 1952 LazerZ CT
    (twin cylinder 19 hp Kawasaki motor, 52" deck).

Will the extra cylinder and extra horsepower be noticeable?

Thanks! -- Blaine
  2. McHouck

McHouck LawnSite Member

I'm from around the corner in Ulster County. I just bought a Hustler Z and they are very good mowers. Prices will be a little better than Exmark. I got a Hustler Z 23/60. The dealer had a Mini Z 23/52 for $5900. Which was the same price for a Exmark CT 19/52. The Hustler felt better to me and I got a little more bang for my buck. Good luck!
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I would go 52/19 Kaw. Great cut and you can put the striping roller on it, not available on most other mowers. You can upgrade to a suspension seat for little money too.

4. mowhigh

mowhigh LawnSite Member
    from Dallas

The twin will probably be a little smoother running, but the added hp will be offset by the wider deck (so the 18/48 will handle any overgrown areas at least as well as the 19/52). Also look at your gates and any obstacles. A friend found that he could mow his 2+ acres just as fast with a 17/42 as with a similar 20/52 because he was able to maneuver between his numerous bushes and structures and had less trimming afterwards. He chose the Country Clipper JAZee ($3995) for the extra convenience of the flip-up deck and single joystick control.