Which Lazer Z

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by brbsta, Oct 9, 2004.

1. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

Well im am seriously looking into buying a new Lazer for next year. I want to the dealer today and am tring to decide between two models. Either the HP 52" or the AS 52". I can get the HP for 6999$ and HP for 7999$. What are the major differences between the two. Do you think the 1000$ extra is worth it. I also have a 48" Metro HP that I will be using. Also I want to the the micro maulch kit and the CustomRide Seat Suspension, and how much do those two things cost.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Brad,

The Mulch kit will run you around $179 and the Comfort Ride seat is aroudn $199.

The major differences are the engine and the deck. The Lazer HP uses a vertical shafte engine and the Lazer AS uses a horizontal shaft engine. The HP also has a canister air filter while the AS has a standard ring/foam precleaner style filter.

The AS uses the UltraCut deck and the HP uses the Tri-Vantage. The Ultracut is a little beefier and 1/2" deeper. It probably has an edge in cut quality at higher speeds as well and may be a better mulching deck also. On the other hand if you doing primarily residentials and small commercials accounts where all out speed is less of an issue than maneuverability then the UltraCut and Tri-vantage are much more closely matched. The HP also has better trim capacity.

It's really your call. Either will meet your needs and should exceed your expectations so there is no "wrong" answer.

Good luck

Terry

3. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

So I have a 48" Metro HP that i am going to still use for the smaller residential lawns and lawns that i have to bag. So if I'm using this for big commercial jobs along with the Metro you think I should buy the AS were I am looking for speed. The two I am looking at the AS has a 20hp engine and the HP has a 23hp engine. So i actually should go for the less expensive one to do my commercial jobs.

Thanks

4. eXmark

Brbsta,

Your probably asking the wrong guy here. It's no secret I like the trim capacity of the 52" LHP and a few other features.

Thanks

Terry

5. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

Ok well, was looking at your website and im liking the Lazer Z. Looks like it has the features of the HP in the full size rider. Do you know how much the MSRP is for the 52" 27hp model of it.

Thanks

6. eXmark

Brb,

The MSRP of the 27/52 is $8999. It's a great machine and you'll be suprised at how much fun it is.

Thanks

Terry

7. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

Thanks alot, im demo'ing one out this weekend and if its to my liking im gonna get it. Except im going to get a 60" since its only like a 50$ difference in price, which i don't get.

8. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

Well just got back from the dealer demoed a 05 Lazer Z 27/60 and man i love it. This machine is so awesome. Going back Monday and buying one. Thanks for all your help Terry.

Thanks

9. eXmark

Brad,

It gets even more fun with a little practice.

Thanks

Terry