1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which lube for hedge trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dano50, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay, I need a little help here. I've been asked by an equipment manufacturer to provide some testimonials for Fluid Film's use on hedge trimmers. I've been looking through my files and while I have testimonials for just about every application imaginable, I can't seem to find specific ones for hedge trimmers.

Any help you could provide would really be appreciated.

2. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i use it on mine. i don't have to worry about hurting the plants, it offers excellent lubricity, and offers excellent protection from corrosion. i spray mine down each time i finish using them.
  3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here :clapping: , I spray it on the blades of my new Red Max CHT2200 hedge trimmer every time after I finish using it!:)
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I use whatever is around, motor oil, WD-40, silicon spray whatever. I don't think it really matters, as long it doesn't hurt plants
  5. DylanK

DylanK LawnSite Member

i used fluid film on mine when i got them about a month and a half ago.. sprayed them once then and they are still a little wet... great product!!:clapping:
  6. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I sprayed mine with fluid film and all the shrub clippings stuck to the blades. :confused:
  7. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

I use it on everything also,including my hedge trimmer.:usflag: :usflag: