1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which Machine is for me?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by corycc, Mar 26, 2001.

1. corycc

corycc LawnSite Member

Up until recently I did not know that Bobcat made a machine much similar to the Walker GHS. Is it any good?

You see, I am looking for a new mower mower this season. It needs to have good grass catching capabilities. I don't want to always bag though. So far the one machine that fits this profile is the SCAG Cougar. I have never used one but it looks decent. The problem is this: the unit I am looking at is $9500 and I don't have that kind of cash to spend. My dealer says that used Cougars are not very common. The Walker looks good also but it can only collect. Toro is pretty much the same and I don't know about this Bobcat.

A 32" or 36" WB would be fine if it would throw grass everywhere. I know I can mulch maybe but my customers are very picky and I personally hate green goo on top and on side walks. I mean I even have trouble keeping my side discharge, non-mulching WB from leaving green marks on sidewalks. I suppose my own version of an OCDC might do. I also like the fact that the Cougar and similar machines would be great for Fall and Spring cleanup jobs, with leaves and such.

Now that some of you have read my lengthy story and situation, can you give me some advice. I would really appreciate it.
  2. Butchs Lawn

Butchs Lawn LawnSite Member

bobcat/rasome are equeal to toro's walkers.yes they are more expensive but they do more than cut grass.most have accessories such as snowblowers, dozer blades,thatcher,etc...you can just open up the back and let grass fly rarely clumps ups unless grass real wet.there great for spring and fall clean-ups.i've run bobcats,walkers 5 years well worth the extra money in the long run.currently have bobcat listed in used equipment fourm.selling due to up grading to diesiel walker.
  3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

The great thing about Walkers are their versatility!! You can collect or cut with the hopper door open and disharge, add a 2nd larger side dischage deck, dethatch, blow, blade, edge, broom, haul, dump, etc.......

Most of all, they are quality engineered machines which hold their resale/tradein value well.