1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which Maruyama Hedge Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jeds_Lawn_Care, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

Here are the Hedge Trimmers I am looking @

HT2300DR - LE230 22.5cc Engine / 0.8hp 24" Blade - $320
    HT2320DR - CE230 22.5cc Engine / 1.1hp 24" Blade - $340
    HT2300DLR - LE230 22.5cc Engine / 0.8hp 30" Blade - $360

Anyone own any of these? Which one should I get? I really think I want a 24" blade.
  2. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Anyone?!?!?! Hello??? Its Been 4 Days Now.
  3. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Could Someone Please Make A Reccomendation.
  4. Jeds_Lawn_Care

I really am curious as to which motor would be best.
  5. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya LawnSite Member

I suppose that Maruyama hedge trimmers aren't much thought of here. But wait a while, it's only been a couple weeks. They'll answer in a month or two.
  6. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I own the 2300dr Ive had 0 problems and they cut great. Very versatile
  7. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard this company is the best on the market, give it a try.
  8. Director of Grounds

Director of Grounds LawnSite Member

I traded in my Craftsman's and bought the HT2300DR a couple months ago. If all of Maruyama's products do their respective jobs like their hedge trimmers, then I'm totally sold on Maruyama. Maybe it was the transition from store-bought to commercial equipment there's a major difference. The trimmers have a quick start and an excellent cut. The five-way handle system is nice when doing long lines of hedges or bushes, and you have to stay in the same position for a while. Only problem is, at almost 11 lbs., they get kind of heavy after a while. Other than the weight, I'd recommend this particular model since I don't use them on a lengthy daily basis. As a footnote, I would never own a single edge trimmer. That's too much repositioning when cutting, especially when on a ladder cutting across the top, and you have to get down, get on the other side of the bush/hedge, etc. Hope this helps.
  9. Beau Rivage

Beau Rivage LawnSite Member

I just bought the EHT23DS...75" reach. I got out of there for 443. I can't wait to try 'em out. Merry Christmas to me!!:drinkup: :cool2:
  10. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

Jed, if you want a 24" unit, sta away from the HT2300DLR, it is a 30". The HT2320DR is the carb certified for Calfornia unit, and if you're in AK, you don't need that. I love my HT2300DR's, they are the best hedge trimmer I have ever owned!