1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which model Hustler to buy?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by xaznx, Apr 20, 2004.

1. xaznx

xaznx LawnSite Member
    from wichita

I just bought a house with 7 acres, but the only grass I'll be cutting once or twice a month will only be about 2 -3 acres. I am interested in the Hustler mowers, but don't know what model to go with. I'll be mowing the 2-3 acres around the house about every other week or so, quite frequently, but the other 5-6 acres will grow wild and about every 2-3 months or so will be cut. I assume that wild praire grass won't grow much taller then 2-3 foot tall and i t won't be as thick. I was going to save the money and purchase a fasttrak,but the one of the sales guys told me that the fastrack might not be able to handle the grass. and he reccomended me the hustler Z. due to the bigger deck. I need opinions on which mower. Also the differeneces between the hustler Z, and the mini-z, and to what I understand is the Supers are just faster in speed. Suggestions?? Thanks
  2. McHouck

McHouck LawnSite Member

My Hustler Z will be delivered in 2 days. I have 4 acres to mow, mostly sloped property. I was deciding between the Hustler Z and the Mini Z and I opted for the Hustler Z 23/60. I decided the bigger frame would be better for my sloped property. I'll be posting after I cut the yard for the first time. :rolleyes: