Which Model to Buy

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by vjam1, May 19, 2008.

1. vjam1

vjam1 LawnSite Member

I am looking to purchase a zero turn mower and have a couple of questions.
    Which model to buy? I am looking at the FasTrak 21/54 or the 20/54 or should I spend the extra $$ to get s FasTrakSD 25/54??
    I have about 1 1/2 acres to mow and it is flat, no hills, not much to go around.
    I also know of a 2007 mini z 19/52 with 17hrs. for about $5500 that I have been thinking about.
    Any suggestions would be very helpful.
    Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Any of those units would do a great job.
    The 54" units obviously a little faster than the 52" unit.
    I would go where the money is, I would think you can get a good price on the FasTrak 54" and it will also come with a 4 year warranty, compared to buying used.
    If money is not a issue, maybe upgrade yourself to more hp and a better filter system and larger tires by going with the SD.

Pj

3. vjam1

vjam1 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info.
    I got a quote from a dealer on a Fastrak 21/54 of $4999 +tax, and also a quote on a FasTrakSD 25/54 for $5999 + tax. Is the SD worth the extra $1000?? or would I be just as well off with the FasTrak.
    Thanks for your imput on this..

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Those prices are certainly in line with what teh average selling prices are across the country.
    Is it worth the extra 1k, yes, certainly.
    But... do you need it? do you have the extra $$$'s ???

Pj

5. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

I love that Mini Z...

6. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Id say for your area thoes are great prices. You will be satasfied with either of the 2 modles.

7. jimceez

jimceez LawnSite Member
    from PA

vjam,

As a Fastrak owner you will be more than satisfied with the 21/54 for 1-1/2 acres. My 2006 18/52 does 2.25 acres in a little over an hour. Not a single problem with it so far.

With the $1K saving, spend some of it for the Flex Forks since they are extra on either model. Believe me they are worth every penny.

Whichever one you choose, you'll be satisfied. Hustler's are great mowers. Good luck.

8. vjam1

vjam1 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info... I am demoing the 21/54 this week, I'll let you know what I think after using...