Which Month had most Calls

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tn Lawn Man, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

Which month did you receive the most amount of calls for new lawn service this year after the initial rush at the begining of the season in the Spring?

I was reviewing my call intake volume and I was surprised to find that September received the most amount of calls for new service.

I thought it may be due to people getting tired of their current company but mainly it was people tired of doing it themselves. And, the good news is that I kept all of them.

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We got most of the new customers in September.

3. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder why September is so special? hmmmnnn?

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

In the past after August it was rare to add new customers but last year we add a few in November. It seems that this has started since we switched to lawn agreements.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

August this year was busy getting new customers for us

6. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

ya....... my best mow month too.

7. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

September was really big for me. I guess all the scrubs quit and these customers decided to pay real prices for real service.

8. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

november. i put out about 40 fliers for leaf removal and have gotten about 15-20 calls so far. way more than mowing. i cant keep up with all of them and school so im actually turning them down now. added a few mowing for next year because they liked the work i did and their current company wasnt doing leaves or snow

9. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

MARCH-MAY...after that it's down hill. Althought i have never done direct mail in September either.