Which mower for me?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by metro36, Sep 24, 2006.

1. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

As it says in my signature I am looking for a walk behind. I am unsure of which one to get. I am currently mowing only 1/2 acre lots. The biggest lot i may get next year is 1 acre. One has a 3 ft gate. All of my lots are on my block. I don't know which mower to get or just wait until next year and see what happens? These are my choices for mowers...

• Exmark metro hp 48 with 15 horse kawi twin older than 03
    • 03 exmark metro 36 with 15 horse kohler and catcher. Under 50 hours
    • 03 toro proline 36 with 15 horse kawi, catcher, and velke. T-Bar steering. Unknown hours
    • 00 exmark metro 48 with 15 horse kohler
    The metro hp 48 is 1g. The metro 36 is 1700(over priced). The toro is 1600(dealer wont separate and I don't need the velke). The 00 metro 48 is 1800( over priced). Remember that I am only 13 and will not be driving for 2.5 years. When I am 16 and can drive, I plan on getting insured and getting more lawns.

If anyone close to Long Island has a walk behind for sale I may be interested.

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like the Hp is the way to go, if you want a gear drive machine.

3. metro36

That is what I have been thinking. The hp started on the first pull and is in good condition. It is a floating deck belt drive.

4. CoupesCuts

CoupesCuts LawnSite Member

Go for the hp. A gear drive for you will be just fine. Do not go for the 36". It will leave alot to be desired. Especially if your are alone and gaining business. As for the account with the 3ft gate, let it go. Dont buy a mower for one account. Good luck.

5. metro36

Unless I find something better, I am going to get the hp. Then I will buy a catcher, dethacher (front mount) and maybe a two wheeled sulky.

6. metro36

I forgot to say. Thanks everybody. I value your input.:) :) :) :) :) :)

7. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

A 15hp Walker W/B with a 42"

8. metro36

I can not afford the walker new nor can I find one used. I only have the choices of the mowers listed up top.

9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I say you get the Quick 36. Oh you didnt list it....oh well...ur loss.