Which Mower? Grasshopper, Hustler Super Z, or Other

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PFSmarty, Mar 21, 2005.

1. PFSmarty

PFSmarty LawnSite Member

Looking to buy a ZTR mower. I have 5 Acres to cut. I am looking at the GrassHoppers, and Hustler Super Z. Any advise would be appreciated on this subject.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Which mowers are available close by? If its just those 2 then get prices and look at both of them and talk to both dealers and finally demo both of them and just get the one you like the best. They are both very good mowers and either one would work for you just fine. Hope that helps.
  3. kmclawn

kmclawn LawnSite Member

I'm currently looking at the Grasshopper. As the post before said, look at what dealer is closest to you because you will eventually need to get them repaired and demo both to make sure you like your decision. I bought my first tractor without really trying a few others and ended up hating the way it felt. Lesons learned.
  4. malojeer

malojeer LawnSite Member

I have a grasshopper 223 52". Excellent dealer near by. Best ride of them all that i demo'd. Very happy with quality of cut
  5. TotalLawnConcepts

TotalLawnConcepts LawnSite Member

I would go with an Exmark, they have the best cut on the market. If you can get a Hustler with the new double blade setup, it would go that route, only because of the increase of speed getting to and from, but I demo'ed on last fall, and wasn't happy with the cut quality, plus put it up against an Exmark with same setup and the exmark out cut the hustler... When I was at the show Hustler said they were coming out with a double blade setup, I would see if you couldn't demo it before you purchase, We run nothing but Exmark on our rigs eventhough we have had some problems out of the the 2004 Walkers, I would still recomend Exmark..