1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

which mower has the best cut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by draftlawncare, Apr 3, 2006.

1. draftlawncare

draftlawncare LawnSite Member

which mower has the best cut Exmark, Woods , Grasshopper or Scag these are the 4 mowers that i have narrowed to thanks Jd
  2. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

Woods with 3 point hitch:rolleyes:
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Best cut is conditional. No 2 areas or even lawns within an area are going to be the same. Because of that different mowers give different cuts. Or one guy might like to cut at 2.5" while the next guy likes to cut at 3.5" on the same type of grass.

Between those mowers I would have to ask some of the local guys what works best for them. They are all good mowers and give good cuts. As far as the Woods goes depending on what model it is it may be built for Woods by Grasshopper. You can also go by your local dealer's shop and check them out. See what kind of parts supply they keep in stock. Do they have full time mechanics? How many mowers do they stock for sale? Stuff like that should have a big effect on your buying decision.
  4. JClawncare

JClawncare LawnSite Member

HUSQVARNA's TUNNELRAM:weightlifter:
    But also it depends on the grass type and mower setup ie. kind of blades,deck height, how clean the underneath is, deck height, pitch of the deck and blade sharpness. But if no Huskies around then Exmark or Scag not to knowledgeable about the rest. Good Luck!
  5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Of the mowers I've used (Gravely, Wright, & Exmark) Exmark has the best cut.
  6. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I use Walker, Hustler, Toro, but I have to admit, the best looking cut in the neighborhoods I am in is Exmark (a competitor's rig). Very close to my Walker 52 SD, but it is just more intense when it stripes.
  7. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Lesco, and exmark
  8. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

walker has the best cut thats just my $.02
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, like Richard said, you will have to try them in your area.

Here we don't have Scag, but of the remaining 3 Grasshopper cuts best HERE.
    But that might not mean a thing in your conditions.
  10. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

In my opinion exmark cuts the best!