1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

which mower is best??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turnkey, Mar 15, 2000.

1. turnkey

turnkey LawnSite Member

looking to buy my first wb..got price quotes for the following 36" gear drive,fixed deck wb:exmark metro 15kaw $2499...bobcat 15kaw 2500....honda 13honda $2890..bunton 15koh $2500...i will be mowing only a few acct's ...looking to make a few dollars part time

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd recommend Toro (eXmark) WB's:<p>36&quot; 12.5 Kaw 1950.00<br>48&quot; 14.0 Kaw 2299.00<p>I think turfquip.com has them for similar prices.

3. turnkey

turnkey LawnSite Member

thax lazer...prices seem to run higher here in new york!!!

4. Lazer

You gotta go to turfquip.com. The guy in in Orchard Park, NY.<p>Make yourself wealthy, not your dealer.

5. tjg

tjg LawnSite Member

I'am looking into a wb, which is better a t-bar or the pistol grips and does toro/exmark make the pistol grip guys here say the bar makes it harder to make straight lines. Let me know I have always used 21&quot; honda's and Grasshoppers but would now like a 32-36&quot; walk behind. Thanks<p>----------<br>T.J. Greenfield<br>

6. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

If you are only mowing a few accounts look for a good used machine, many dealers will have them in on consignment or on trade.<br>If not giant vac co makes a inexpensive mower, along with a company named landscaper.It is skag parts assembled by another company. They have prices very low.

7. Lazer

If I'm walking behind it, which I assume you'll do, I personally prefer T-Bar. For riding a sulky I like the pistol grips.<p>As far as making straight lines, once you have a little experience, you can make straight lines easily with either.<p>'course, I've had employees that couldn't make a straight line with a laser pointer! :)

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Lazer, You make me laugh :) I liked that last comment.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

9. turnkey

turnkey LawnSite Member

lazer...orchard park is 8 hrs. from me...i don't think i would save much traveling that far to buy a mower,,then there is the service factor...want to be able to take it somewhere if something goes wrong.....thanx for your comments