Which Mower is the best for the price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by unlimted01, Oct 9, 2005.

1. unlimted01

unlimted01 LawnSite Member

Im in the market for a new ZTR mower and was wonder which mower was the best in your opinion. PLease give me a price since mst websites do not list prices.
  2. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

Give us an idea what size mower you are talking about.

Have a great day,
  3. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I here the gravely is jam up, I owned a wb gravely and it was the best one i had then i bought a lesco hydro wb and it don't have any comparison to gravely.
    lesco is cheap and i found out why
  4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Lesco and Cub Cadet are just as good as any on the market....... we have 6 and they are all great!!!!! :waving:

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Lesco can't be beat on price i have never set on 1 they look like they throw a good stripe and cut.
  6. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

bobcat would be best 4 the money
  7. tm ent.

tm ent. LawnSite Member

I bought a scag tiger cub about a month ago and in my opinion it is the best. I haven't owned any other ztr but I can't see how any mower would be better. It handles steep hills without a problem and gives a beautiful cut. The main thing that influened my decision was dealer support though.
  8. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Snapper Pro Fastback twin stick model, 52" cut, 21hp Kaw, 7 gauge steel all throughout. One tough machine that stripes just as good as anything out there if not better. $6500.

9. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Lesco probibly gives you the most machine for the money. 54" for $6000 and 60" for $6300. They are as good if not better than other machines.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

The end of the season lesco will mark down the price 25 percent or more no dealer will do that.