1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which mower Kubota ZG20 or Scag Tiger Cub?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Midwest Mower, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Midwest Mower

Midwest Mower LawnSite Member

First I want to say Kudo's to this site. I spent 3 hours last night and 1 today reading/learning. I came across it while researching the purchase I'm about to make.

I need a small ZTR and have so far narrowed my choices to the Scag Tiger Cub and the Zubota ZG20. One large advantage to the Zubota is the 0% for 3 yrs.

I'm very open minded and would love to hear other options in case there is another mower I've overlooked.

Thanks in advance for your help,

2. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a ZD28 and I love it, its awesome!
  3. clcare

clcare LawnSite Member

I own 4 kubotas and they are great machines, and very easy to service Kubota service reps will bend over backwards to make sure any problems get resolved to your satisfaction
  4. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought a Tiger Cub after a month of debating, very nice machine, operates beautifully. Demo several but not the Kubota. My toss up was between the Scag and a Dixie. For the money the Scag won me over.
    Don't think you can go wrong with either one.
  5. Saxman

Saxman LawnSite Member

I purchase a ZD21 Pro 60 last year, it is great, I have seen a ZG20 the other day, don't know much about it. Kubota has a good dealer network and parts system. In my area Scag's are kinda hit and miss. I think they are good machines. I think either would be OK
  6. sproutlscape

sproutlscape LawnSite Member

I'm a SCAG man. Just picked up my new Wildcat Tuesday. Great machines. I would go with the Tiger Cub
  7. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have two Tiger Cub's one is a year old with 275 hours and other we picked up today. We have had zero problems, just regular maintenance. They are great mowers, and I would highly recommend them.

Lovell's Lawn Care
  8. Toehill

Toehill LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I'm a TORO Z MASTER user THE SUPER FLOW SYSTEM IS THE BEST.........never a chunk of grass
  9. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Scag are awesome, can't beat them.
  10. Midwest Mower

Midwest Mower LawnSite Member

Which motor would you prefer on the Tiger Cub?

19hp Kaw
    20hp Kohler
    21hp Kaw