1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which Mower Should I Buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassdoctor, May 1, 2005.

Which Mower Should I Buy From the Following?

1. Dixie Chopper

2. Hustler

3. Scag

4. Husquvarna

5. Other

1. grassdoctor

grassdoctor LawnSite Member

I want personal opinions on which mower I should buy. .... I guess right now I am stuck on dixie chopper because I simply have not herd a single bad thing about them. They mow superfast leaving a great cut. In second would be the hustler for many of the same reasons however I have heard that the quality of cut is not as well. In third would be scag becuase I have been using them and they cut great. In fourth would be husquvarna (spelling is probably wrong) I heard they got rid of their scalping problems and they are a bit cheaper vs some of the other mowers. ... their are others in the running as well but everyone has their own opionions. I am going mostly off of consumer satisfation that I have herd. If anyone thinks a different mower is better please post your opinions. And if anyone thinks I should stay away from one please post your concerns as well :help: .
  2. jrs mowing

jrs mowing LawnSite Member

eXmark need I say more.
  3. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

I like scag, but exmark makes a great machine too.
  4. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark is the best.
  5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Best mower by far . BAD BOY. Built strong . Price right.
  6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

You're going to get several different answers on this. All personal prefence. Good waranty, dealer support and availability of parts are all things to consider. Demo several and choose what you like.
  7. Bay de Noc Lawn Car

Bay de Noc Lawn Car LawnSite Member

Check out the Gravely 200s, They are top-of-line, made in Wisconsin, and priced better then any other like machine I have seen! :waving:
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Never seen one and have heard of them once...how can they be the best I ask?
  9. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

scag, the best.
  10. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Scag, Imo.