which mower would you recommend

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toro52, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Toro52

Toro52 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Went to the exmark and toro dealer by me last week. I liked both machines but have heard many good things about exmark. I currently have a toro 52" walkbehind and am looking for a 60" deck. the exmark dealer said i can get a lazer z for the same price as a LQ lazer that was the demo for last year with 29 hours on it. Would you recommend getting the lazer 27 kohler or the year old LQ lazer?

Thank you very much for your input it is very much appreciated!

2. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

liquid cooled KAWI

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I dont know? Let me think about what mower i would recommend?
    But i do know that air cooled is less of a problem and cheaper to fix.

John

4. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

I have ran both liquid cooled and air cooled, I would get the new 27 kohler over the year old liquid cooled even though it has 29 hours on it, I am with John on this one less problems to deal with on the air cooled.

Tim

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I would rather have the air cooled also due to the same reasons. To much extra to go wrong. Although, I do prefer Kawi to Kohler.

6. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey John, didn't the Lazer Z a year or so ago have the Kawasaki engine in it as an option. I seem to recall that it did but now I notice that it only offers the kohler. What gives.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I dont know:confused:
    John

8. air cooled kohler....but on a toro 500 series turbo force deck .

if you have settle for second best then air cooled kohler with the 29 hours.
    water cooled will last double the amount of hours as a air cooled but as mentioned more maintainence...radiator to worry about springing leeks..etc etc..