which mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rvon99, Jul 10, 2007.

1. rvon99

rvon99 LawnSite Member

I am new to the business, but have ran ztr mowers for years but i am having a hard time deciding what mower to buy. I have narrowed it down between a Bush Hog pro or a Scag turf tiger because of the location of dealers, I live in a rural area. Which one is going to be the best performing mower? I mow sideways on some steep hills so staying on the side of a hill will be important.

2. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know about Bush Hog , but my guys love the Scags , one of their strong points is low center of gravity - hugs a slope as good as any mower I have used.

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

buy the scag you will love them on the hills, are you buying new or used, what size deck and hp ?

4. rvon99

rvon99 LawnSite Member

61" deck I am not sure about the HP probably 29

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

good choice i would go with the 29dfi it is a great engine and only uses half of the fuel my 22hp carb uses. i see alot of people go in for turf tigers but they end up walking out with wildcats, dont do it stick with the best even thought its a couple g's more

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Of the two choices, go with Scag.

7. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

Just my .02 but you can't go wrong with the Scag especially when it comes to staying on the slopes. I've used the Bush Hog and it was a good mower for about the first 150 hours, and then I started to experience too much down time.