Which mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by biodale, Nov 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. biodale

biodale LawnSite Member

I am seriously looking at new mowers for this year. I am considering the Scag Tiger Cat 48" and the toro 7000 series 48" mowers with power vac. They both have Kawa V-twins. This is mowing northern grass of Kentucky bluegrass or bluegrass blends.
    I would appreciate any advise or comments.
    Sincerely

2. Evolution IX

Evolution IX LawnSite Member

I'm a Scag fan and the Tiger Cat is built like a tank. The Toro 7000 is also a nice machine with the TurboForce deck. I still prefer the Velocity deck over the TurboForce deck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Don't rule out a stand on mower if your only looking for a 48" or 52" deck. I have demoed both and I feel the v-ride has a bit of a nicer cut compared to the emark/toro models.

-Michael

4. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking at the Toro myself I'm wanting the 5000 with the kohler efi... I love the tiger cat but for the price I feel like it should have bigger pumps hydro cooler of some sort but the turf tiger is just to long for residential lawns...on the other hand the velocity deck is hard to beat
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

They dont Make a 7000 in a 48" deck or with a Kawasaki engine. All the 7000's are Diesel and 52"+ deck sizes.

6. biodale

biodale LawnSite Member

Pugs,
    You are correct. I meant a Toro 6000 with the 22 hp Kawa on it. The 6 and 7 are sooo close on the keyboard.
    Thanks for all the advise. It looks like either would work for me. I do prefer Scags, but I am not against Red either.

7. Evolution IX

Velocity deck, just can't say enough good things about it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Where and what type of grass are you cutting? Just curious.

-Michael

9. Evolution IX

Tall Fescue and Kentucky Blue Grass. NJ
    Posted via Mobile Device